Morelli's, on The Promenade since 1911, Portstewart, Northern Ireland. The Morelli family have been in Southern Ireland since the turn of the century. A young Angelo Morelli headed North to help his uncle run the “Ice Palace”, on Portstewart’s Promenade in 1927, eventually he took the business over and created the “Sundae Garden” in 1957. Angelo and his wife Anastasia worked long and hard through some very hard times, including, of course the 2nd Word War. On his retirement in 1974, his oldest Son Nino took the shop over, and with the help of his family ran the business successfully, expanding to create “Nino’s” in 1988 and still specialising in ice-cream but offering a much larger selection of hot food and drinks.
Perhaps the biggest change came in 2002, when the original building was demolished to allow for a brand new cafe/restaurant, gift shop and apartment complex.